PCMCIA CF Interrupt Problems

Stevens, Peter Peter.Stevens at GTECH.COM
Mon Nov 29 11:13:10 EST 2004

All,

I am running Linux-2.4.21 on a custom PXA272 board, with the following patch
set.

	patch-rmk1
	patch-rmk1-pxa1
	patch-rmk1-pxa1-intc3

So far I have been able to get a PCMCIA CF card mounted, but I have few
questions for which I have not found any

clear answers. My question is about the PCMCIA IDE driver. The IDE driver
wants to re-allocate the interrupted

used by Card Services, meaning that I must share the IRQ or the IDE probe
function will fail. Hopefully, this is what

is suppose to be happening here.

With the PCMCIA IDE driver and Card Services sharing the IRQ I'm able to
mount and read from my CF card. The

problem is that I cannot write to the drive. Additionally, if I run the 'df'
command I end up getting an 'interrupt lost'

message repeatedly.  I've seen other post with similar issues, but no real
answers.

Also, I would like to try out the external cs-pcmcia package. But simple
cross compile for ARM seems to fail ??

Thanks
Peter,

>> cat /proc/interrupts
  3:          0   usb-ohci
  8:          0   PDM FPGA
 10:          3   GPIO 2-128
 11:          0   Bulverde UDC USBD Bus Interface
 22:        284   serial
 25:          0   DMA
 26:       3000   timer
 27:          0   rtc timer
 30:          0   rtc 1Hz
 31:          0   rtc Alrm
143:          3   GPIO81 => S0_IRQ, ide0
144:          0   GPIO82 => CD_IRQ
145:          0   GPIO83 => STSCHG
Err:          0

>> cat /proc/ioports
f6000000-f6000007 : ide0
f600000e-f600000e : ide0

>> echo 'Hello123' > /mnt/ide/testfile
>> echo 'Hello123' > /mnt/ide/testfile
>> echo 'Hello123' > /mnt/ide/testfile
>> echo 'Hello123' > /mnt/ide/testfile

ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: writing: LBAsect=521, sectors=1, buffer=0xc1c0e200
hda: write_intr error1: nr_sectors=1, stat=0x00
hda: write_intr: status=0x00 { }

ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: reset: master: error (0x00?)
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
hda: status error: status=0x00 { }

hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: reset: master: error (0x00?)
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67380
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 489
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67140
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 106903
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c672c0
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 208
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67200
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 452
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67320
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 208

bread in fat_access failed
Filesystem panic (dev 03:01).
  fat_free: deleting beyond EOF
  File system has been set read-only
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67320
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 208
bread in fat_access failed
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67320
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 208
bread in fat_access failed
file_cluster badly computed!!! 0 <> 1
ide0: start_request: current=0xc1c67320
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:01 (hda), sector 489
dev = 03:01, ino = 7830
Filesystem panic (dev 03:01).
  msdos_write_inode: unable to read i-node block

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution
or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message. Also, email is
susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized
amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we
are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment
or viruses or any consequence thereof.