TI1510 again

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri May 14 21:25:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Warren Melnick wrote:

>  I took your advise and compiled kernel 2.6.6, thinking that perhaps if
> the problem can be found/solved in 2.6.6. then it can be backported.
> An interesting thing happened during boot that I have never seen before.
> I am enclosing it here and also I have attached a zip file of the syslog
> and messages files from /var/log. Sorry about the .txt and zip rather
> than bz2 but my email is on a windows box.

txt is OK, but it's better to avoid zip and HTML attachments because they
are routinely abused by viruses and spam respectively.  Your message could
end up in a "held mail" folder or even be discarded.  Just an advise.

>From the attachment:

May 14 13:04:49 slacker kernel: handlers:
May 14 13:04:49 slacker kernel: [<c02aada0>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x70)
May 14 13:04:49 slacker kernel: [<c02aada0>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x70)
May 14 13:04:49 slacker kernel: [<c026b900>] (rtl8139_interrupt+0x0/0x1a0)
May 14 13:04:49 slacker kernel: Disabling IRQ #10

I suggest that you use the "dmesg" command instead of the system log.  It
won't skip debug messages.  The problem is either in USB or in rtl8139.
To find out which is responsible, disable USB or remove the rtl8139
network card.  The kernel log can also contain some hints.  If in doubt,
report both to USB and rtl8139 mailing lists.  Don't forget to describe
the relevant hardware ("lspci" will show the device names).

I'm only copying to the PCMCIA list to show that the message has been
replied.  Further discussion belongs elsewhere.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin