2.6.x kernels & PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges [again]

jar at pcuf.fi jar at pcuf.fi
Tue May 4 15:16:27 BST 2004

> /etc/init.d/pcmcia script in RH9 is old.
> Please upgrade the script to pcmcia-cs 3.2.7.

I use the Fedora core 2 test3 distro. The pcmcia init script seems to be
almost identical with pcmcia-cs 3.2.7 with following changes:

1. updfstab added to the stop side
# we do this because when we stop the service, the ide stop script
        # gets run before the card disappears
        /usr/sbin/updfstab

2. two extra lines at the end of the file
# Only exit if we're in our own subshell
case $0 in *rc.pcmcia) exit $EXITCODE ;; esac

I wonder if the /usr/sbin/updfstab causes the kernel panic. Have to try to
comment it out.

Best Regards, Jar