PCMCIA fun

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Thu Mar 18 10:14:44 GMT 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Kars de Jong wrote:
> - drivers/pcmcia/rsrc_mgr.c:
>   Uses readl() on ioremapped() PCMCIA common memory, but we don't define
>   readl() unless CONFIG_PCI is defined. I added isa_readl() and
>   isa_writel() and defined readl() and writel() to use those when
>   CONFIG_ISA is enabled. Gayle can handle these just fine, I don't know
>   how to define isa_mtl() for CONFIG_Q40 and CONFIG_GG2 though. Richard?

That's a bug in rsrc_mgr.c: since PCMCIA is ISA, it should use isa_readl()
instead of readl().

> - drivers/net/pcmcia/pcnet_cs.c:
>   The first one I tried (since it's my normal Ethernet card). It didn't
>   compile cleanly: it uses __raw_writew() and __raw_readw() to transfer
>   date to/from the shared memory buffer on some cards, and we don't have
>   those. I'm not sure how to define them though, should they be "native"
>   byte order? That would mean I have to byte-swap them on Gayle, right?
>   I can't test these since I don't have a shared-memory NE2000 clone.

Ugh, __raw_{write,read}w() are architecture-dependant, and not to be used by
common code.

> - drivers/serial/serial_cs.c (or rather drivers/serial/8250.c):
>   The 8250 driver conflicts with the Amiga builtin serial driver: when
>   trying to load the 8250 module I get -EBUSY because they both try to
>   claim major 4 and minor 64.
>   For testing purposes I now made 8250.c use the CYCLADES_MAJOR instead
>   of TTY_MAJOR but that's of course not a real solution. Any suggestions
>   for solving this, anyone?

Amiserial needs to be ported to the new serial framework. Any takers? :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds