"unable to apply power" problem in 2.6.6

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Sun Jun 20 02:19:53 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 06:44, Russell King wrote:
> It seems that some cardbus controllers just get stuck and refuse point
> blankly to enable power to the socket without reporting why they're

Ok. maybe I can help here.  I don't think it's the cardbus controller.

I've just taken the cardbus controller and hard drive off the
motherboard it's on (recent Pentium 4 Intel thing), stuck it onto an
older Pentium 3 Intel board, and everything works perfectly in both 2.4
and 2.6.

I've also tried several other Ricoh cardbus controllers (older
revisions) and exactly the same behavour occurs.

I've got things like ACPI disabled in my kernels.

Please tell me what I can do to provide you with more information.  I'd
love to get this bug squashed; I've already ordered a whole heap of
these Intel motherboards for use with these cradles :-(

Thanks,