Driver model and sysfs support for PCMCIA

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Jul 20 17:23:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 04:56:41PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I've just found patches by Adam Belay that update the PCMCIA subsystem to
> utilize the driver model.  Unfortunately, they were not posted to this
> mailing list, so I'm not aware if there was any reaction to them and
> whether they are going to be applied to the mainline kernel any time soon.

No they aren't - certainly not for a while.  A fair amount of PCMCIA
changes went into post-2.6.7, and, since most people with PCMCIA only
bother testing the major kernel releases, I'm very unhappy to apply
anything other than bug fixes or anything else until 2.6.8.

Once 2.6.8 is out, I want to push at least some more of the original
pcmcia-resource patch set and maybe some of Dominik's other patches.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/