strange strange 2.6.2 bug - pcmcia sleeps until I move the mouse ?!

Guylhem Aznar pcmcia at externe.net
Mon Feb 16 19:01:50 GMT 2004

Hello,

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:26:42 +0100
Daniel Ritz <daniel.ritz at gmx.ch> wrote:
> the old one uses /etc/default/pcmcia, the new one uses /etc/pcmcia.conf

Oops. Stupid me. I didn't look inside the options file. And indeed there's
PCIC_OPTS=irq_mode=0 pci_csc=0 poll_interval=100

> > I guess it leaves 1 2 3 4 6 7 12 13
>
> yenta probes for 3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11

Which .h files defines the probed IRQs? Maybe more could be scanned, or the IRQ
could be forced?

> yenta probes the interrupts but none of them is working. this is because the
> cardbus bridge doesn't know how to deliver the interrupts. why? it has some
> registers wrongly programmed. the notebook manufacter screwed it up....

It's a standard Elan p311 http://www.elandigitalsystems.com/adapter/p311.php
which is reported  to work fine under linux. After some googling (elan isa irq
linux) I found http://www.elandigitalsystems.com/support/pfaq/plinux.php - ah ha
*they* have a problem.

I guess I can say goodbye to standard support.

--
*@externe.net ![guylhem at oeil.qc.ca->@metalab.unc.edu->@ibiblio.org->@7un.org]
http://externe.net/geekcode http://externe.net/photos http://externe.net/zaurus