bridge problems

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Mon Apr 26 17:00:21 BST 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 04:17:05PM -0400, David Clemmer wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out what's going on with an odd box we've got here.
> It has 4 TI 1225 cardbus bridges on it (8 total slots).  When I start it
> up, the bridges seem to get configured correctly (insofar as memory
> allocations and bus allocations seem sane, at least).  The only sign of
> anything wrong with the configuration is that 3 of them get set to IRQ9,
> and the other 5 get set to IRQ11.  What makes that noteworthy (I think) is
> that both IRQs are also assigned to other hardware, and that there are only
> 3 IRQs assigned (err... that show up with lspci, that is; /proc/interrupts
> lists 0,1,2,8,9,10,11,14 in use).
>
> The key problem, though, is that none of the ports accept cards.  If I
> start it up with a card inserted (or use 'cardctl insert'), I get an
> 'unable to apply power' message for the occupied ports.

Some TI 1225 PCI adapters require setting bit 27 (P2CCLK) of the
System Control Register (PCI configuration register at 0x80-0x83).  As
far as I know, there is no way for software to tell when this is
required.  In the pcmcia-cs package, the i28365 driver has a module
parameter for setting this; you could try just using "setpci".

-- Dave