[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus=distortion -- the sagacontinues (cardbus driver=culprit?) MORE UPDATE

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Apr 4 12:49:02 BST 2004

hi ico,

you did a good job in documenting this problem ...

> TODO:
> 1) Log the Jack -R output (likely to be ridden with xrun's)
i suppose, we will get the same result as me, with jack complaining
about latency problems...

> 2) You tell me :-)
i suppose, what we are able to do, has been done ... now we'll need the
right people to talk to each other ...
mainly the alsa guys who wrote the driver and know, how they access the
bus system and the hardware, have to tell the pcmcia guys, who know,
what's going on in the bus ... i CC'd this mail to the thomas
charbonnel, paul davis and winfried ritsch, who wrote or maintain this
driver and the alsa-devel list ...
i doubt that i'm able to understand either the cardbus or the alsa side
of the driver in a reasonable time ...

as russell king pointed out ... for him it's an unknown hardware that
accesses the bus in an unknown way and without these information he
can't be of any help ... so we'll have to give him this information and
i hope that the alsa guys can help us with that ...

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,