TI1450 can't identify cards

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Wed Sep 24 17:27:13 BST 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 02:32:22PM -0700, Dan Christian wrote:
> I've posted the same info to the sourceforge pcmcia-cs "Development
> issues" forum, but I that doesn't seem to be widely read.
>
> I can't get a TI-PCI1450 based card (NI PXI-8221 cPCI adapter) to
> properly recognise cards (aironet 350 (16bit?), AmbiCom ethernet
> (32bit?), or Xircom ethernet/serial (32bit)).  The system is a single
> P-III @700Mhz with 512Mb.

> Any ideas?

Well yes, I did make a very specific suggestion on the sourceforge
forum that you have not tried.

> Does the IRQ issues that people are working on have anything to do with
> not identifying the card at all?

No it is not an irq issue.

> My IO and memory in config.opts looks like this:
> include memory 0xe8000000-0xf1fff000
> include port 0x2400-0x24ff, port 0x2000-0x20ff
> include memory 0xf2000000-0xfbfff000
> include port 0x2c00-0x2cff, port 0x2800-0x28ff

These resources do not mean what you think they mean.  The resources
in config.opts are what you'd like to be made available for PCMCIA
cards.  You've specified various ranges that are already allocated by
the CardBus bridge devices.  When the PCMCIA subsystem goes to check
these, it finds that they're all already allocated, which is no good.

In principle, the kernel should recognize that it can free all these
resources at boot time.  But it doesn't currently do that.

-- Dave