Incorrect card recognition

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Sep 8 19:08:28 BST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Larry W. Finger wrote:

> I have been lurking on this list for about a week. I have not yet located
> any archives for this list, and I hope these problems have not been
> discussed and fixed earlier.

See "List-Archive" in the header.  The archives are here:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia

> I am running Linux Kernel 2.6.0-test4 and cardmgr 2.3.4 and have two
> related problems. The first is that my Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460B is not
> recognized. The system tries to initialize an Anonymous Memory card and
> fails. The only way to get the system to recognize the card properly is
> to issue a 'kill -HUP' to cardmgr. Then the card is properly recognized;
> however, it takes one extra insertion/removal cycle for the card to be
> seen. On the first insertion, there is no beep and nothing in any of the
> logs.

I'm not sure about the second problem, by the first problem is actively
discussed in this thread:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia/2003-September/000232.html

The card is detected as "memory_cs" because the CIS cannot be read.  Cards
without CIS are assumed to be memory cards.

> I have applied the csmemory, cs-debug, and cs-race patches from the Web
> site; however, these had no effect on my system, which is an HP ze1115
> notebook with AMD processor. Below are excerpts of various files and logs:

Please don't assume that everybody knows what website you are talking
about.  Search for "cs-debug cs-race" on Google comes empty.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin