PCMCIA and APM suspend

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 13:36:53 BST 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 01:46:14PM +0300, Jari Tenhunen wrote:
> The problem is that something (probably yenta_socket) in PCMCIA prevents
> my laptop from suspending, even when no cards are or have been inserted.
>
> Simple example:
>
> (no cards inserted, pcmcia stopped but modules still loaded)
> # apm -s (doesn't work)
> # rmmod yenta_socket
> # apm -s (works)

Hmm interesting.  It's something I definitely want to see fixed - I
consider having to unload yenta_socket on suspend to be a bug.

What happens if you try suspending:
- with yenta_socket loaded but without the cards in the sockets.
- with yenta_socket loaded, cards in the sockets, but execute cardctl eject
  before suspending?

Also, can you send me the output of lspci -vv please?

> Oh, and please reply (also) via email since I'm not a subscriber.

To which I frowned, and wondered if you were expecting a reply via some
other medium (eg, fax or post). 8)

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/