please help with 2.6 and pcmcia auto stuff

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Oct 15 18:50:48 BST 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Mr. Mailing List wrote:

> ok, to get my wpc11 working with 2.6, rh9 i have to
>
> modprobe yenta-socket after boot
> then restart pcmcia services.
>
> in 2.4, it would beep on boot, and do all this
> automatically.  if i inserted a card, it would start
> it automatically.
>
> how to get it like 2.4?

I don't know why these kernels work differently for you, but I suggest
that you check file /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia and make sure that you have
PCIC=yenta_socket there.  Note the underscore.  Linux 2.6 doesn't
distinguish between underscores and dashes, but Linux 2.4 does.

Next step is to run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start" without the module and
figure out why it's not loaded.  "set -x" is your friend.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin