impossible to compile GPR400 PCMCIA driver on 2.6 kernel?

Joe Phillips joe.phillips at innovationsw.com
Fri Nov 14 18:01:59 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 17:52, Clement Seveillac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried hard to compile a PCMCIA smart card driver on my 2.6 linux
> kernel, without even getting close. I would like to know if this goal if
> even reachable :-)

I have NOT tried to build the GPR400 driver for 2.6.  I *have* built it
as part of the 2.4 kernel pcmcia-cs and made it work.  I do not
currently have a 2.6 test system and am not in the position to put in
the time right now.

When I have a 2.6 system I *may* look into it.

> Then:
>  - Finally, would you know some smart card PCMCIA (or maybe USB) readers
> that could be well supported on linux 2.6 kernels?

Honestly, I cannot recommend the GPR400 at this time unless you are
ready to debug and patch your configuration.  Documentation from Gemplus
is incomplete making the reader+driver incompatible with some
smartcards.

If you are interested in a known-working smartcard reader, I can
recommend the GemPC 430 USB reader.  It works well and is well
supported.

good luck,

-joe
--