Orinoco_cs quit working, RequestIRQ: Resource in use

Penelope Fudd pfudd at speed-test.net
Thu Nov 6 16:14:33 GMT 2003

Hi..

I'm upgrading this Dell Inspiron 7500, RedHat 9 system to the 2.6
kernel, and it's almost all working.  All, except for my wireless
card(s).

It works in 2.4.21, but doesn't work in 2.6.0-test9.

After reading this list, I see that one approach is to edit
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts and comment out the 'exclude irq *' line that I
don't want to reserve for something else.

Ok, but if it works in 2.4.21 and I haven't changed that file, something
else must have changed.  After looking at /proc/interrupts, I see that
IRQ 9 was the irq the card used to use, but nothing is using it now.

2.4.21:/proc/interrupts:
           CPU0
  0:     202906          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1300          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      11289          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, ESS Maestro 2E
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:      23262          XT-PIC  orinoco_cs
 11:          0          XT-PIC  Texas Instruments PCI1225, Texas
Instruments PCI1225 (#2)
 12:      60249          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      12159          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          3          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

2.6.0-test9:/proc/interrupts:
           CPU0
  0:     129835          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        155          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:       7278          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, ESS Maestro 2E
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:          0          XT-PIC  yenta, yenta
 12:        532          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:       8074          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         13          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

I even tried 'rmmod orinoco_cs; modprobe orinoco_cs irq_list=9', which
installed the module with no error in dmesg, but didn't show up in
/proc/interrupts and eth0 didn't show up either.

Does anyone have any advice?  (I'm not subscribed to this list)

Thanks!
--
Penelope Fudd <pfudd at speed-test.net>