PCMCIA development and 2.6-test

Matthew Wilcox willy at debian.org
Fri Jul 11 14:26:32 BST 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:03:54PM +0200, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So, finally, Linus decided to switch to 2.6-test. What does this mean for
> us? Here's my suggestion:

That depends what 2.6-test really means.  I went and looked at the
archives for 2.3 development; 2.3.99-test1 was March 2000.  2.4.0 was
January 2001.  And remember that incompatible breaking changes continued
to go into 2.4 until at least 2.4.8.  I really hope it doesn't take that
long this time, but who knows.

I think we need to not break any drivers from this point onwards.
The core can still get whatever cleanups you like.  And if we get cardmgr
obsoleted in 2.6.3, so be it ;-)