PCMCIA Status

Dominik Brodowski linux at brodo.de
Tue Jul 8 16:51:11 BST 2003

A new patchset for in-kernel matching, hotplug, ... pcmcia is available at
http://www.brodo.de/pcmcia/

It is far more advanced than the previously published 2.5.67 patchset, but
includes a few bugs.[*] That's why I haven't yet created a "complete" diff
between 2.5.74-base and 2.5.74-pcmcia...

I hope to get a release for 2.5.75 done, though.

The following patches will be submitted for inclusion and properly announced
on this mailing list very soon:

pcmcia-2.5.74-ds_license
pcmcia-2.5.74-ds_resources_1ab
pcmcia-2.5.74-ds_device
pcmcia-2.5.74-ds_sysfs_output

Nonetheless, if you want to take a look where this will lead to, take a look
at the other patches available at http://www.brodo.de/pcmcia/

	Dominik

[*] it works well on my notebook, but:
- somehow I have too many references to driver modules if cardmgr is loaded,
     too [I _think_ I know what this problem is]
- some driver modules depend(!) on module unloading after usage in order to
     clean up stale links or other stuff. This issue needs to be adressed.
- strange lockups appear with my new IBM PCMCIA Data/Fax Modem. Don't know
     whether this is related to these patches, though
- the resource management should try to block NON_ISA access on PCI-PCI
     bridges for window'ed sockets, and then use only the limitied windows
     offered by this bridge. It's been partly done by arjanv, but needs
     a) integration with the resource manager, and
     b) proper testing [arjanv's notebook doesn't boot on 2.5. currently