AW: PCMCIA patches - unsuccessful so far

Dominik Brodowski linux at brodo.de
Thu Apr 17 04:30:29 BST 2003

> > And my sysfs_resource patch really doesn't _change_ anything we do wrt
> > resources; just the way the information is passed from user- to
> > kernelspace.
>
> Then maybe your script should process /etc/pcmcia/config.opts?

Yes it should, and will do so in future.

> There should be an easy way to compile drivers outside the kernel tree.

I agree that we should try not to break external drivers, i.e. keep
backwards compatibility at least until 2.7.

However, for 2.7. it would be good if all relevant drivers will get into
the kernel; bad interfaces / APIs disappear, cardmgr will become deprecated.