[Linux-parport] ASYNC I/O Reason: Reverse transfers are _slow_

Johann Klammer klammerr at aon.at
Fri Jan 22 03:09:46 EST 2010

Hello,

Joining a microcontroller to my parallel port and tying to transfer data
at about 600 kbytes/sec, the observed performance turned out to be
rather lousy. It was about one third of the above using a stock debian
kernel 2.6.30. So I tried to hack parport_pc and ppdev to provide an
async io path.
I would not want to reinvent the wheel and as my kernel hacking skills
are not impressive either, I'd like to know whether anyone is already
working at something similar or whether it probably already exists *hope*.

Regards,
JK