[Linux-parport] Parallel PCI cards

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Mon Apr 26 17:43:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have received a message in a forum about that Linux does not have support
for parallel port addon cards. Something about a bug in the Linux kernel which
does not allocate the interrupt properly for PCI addon parallel cards. So
currently PCI addon parallel cards are not supported under Linux.

Please, some of you can confirm this? I'm planning to buy this card [1] and I
would like to know if it works under Linux or not.

Regards,

Leo

[1] http://www.perle.com/products/serial-parallel-pci-card/SPEEDLE1P-1-port-
parallel-pci-card.shtml