[Linux-parport] Simple Direct-IO

Eric O'Neal fyedernoggersnodden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:14:39 EDT 2006

Heya;

I'm a more-or-less novice programmer, and I thought I'd tinker around with
parallel/serial port use.  All I'd really like to do is something very
simple, setting the pegs individually to "on" or "off," etc, much as shown
in this Windows inpout32.dll-utilizing program:
http://www.programmersheaven.com/search/download.asp?FileID=46877.

I've Googled around, and have learned enough to know that Direct-IO requires
a kernel driver.  But now I'm stuck, and I seem to beunable to further learn
from Google.

If I were to try and make a Linux app similar to the above mentioned Windows
app, how would I go about doing it?

SigmaX

--
My home page:  http://www.SigmaX.org

"ttocs laeno cire oshkosh b'gosh fyedernoggersnodden nicht stein bon
probiscus"

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in
school"
              -- Albert Einstein