[Linux-parport] Re: [patch 00/10] parport: ieee1284 fixes and cleanups

Andrew Morton akpm at osdl.org
Wed Sep 7 07:50:52 EDT 2005

Marko Kohtala <marko.kohtala at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You just sent ten patches, all with the same name.  This causes me grief
>  > (See http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt, section 2a).
>
>  I used "quilt mail" to send those patches and it seems it requires
>  some additional trick I did not notice to make the patches have
>  different subjects.

I complained to the quilt guys about that and they did make a move to fix
it, but I recall not being very happy with the proposal.  Anyway, make sure
you have the latest version and check the documentation - it's in there
somewhere.

As a last resort, put the title into the first line of the changelog and
I'll cut-n-paste it.

>  that part. I also had picked somewhere the idea that having same
>  subject helped group the patches.
>
>  > I now need to invent names for your patches, and if I later refer to one of
>  > them you won't know which one I'm talking about.  Oh well.
>
>  I can also resend the patches to you. I understand you have a lot to
>  do already and I want to be of help, not burden.

Is OK, I'll work something out.