[Linux-parport] emc user defined m codes

Doc docslip at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 19 14:47:21 EDT 2005

I am not a Linux programmer.

I am using emc bdi 4.20 software to run my small cnc milling machine.

There is a file in the emc/programs directory called M102.C

I know what the intent is and I compiled it on the command line as the comments within suggest and that works in that it creates an M102.exe as expected.

What I want to do is this:

Using the M102.C code as a template, I want to be able to add my own code to utilize my additional parallel port to control my coolant pump and soon my automatic tool changer. I have no problem writing C or C++ code but the interface to the EMC is want I need to get to.

Cannot find documentation with the BDI 4.20 package to tell me how to do this and I'm sure it's easy if I knew how.

Can anyone help get me started ?

Respectfully,

Bill P