[Linux-parport] ppscsi will not insert in kernel 2.6.13

Dion van Oirschot dion.van.oirschot at telenet.be
Mon Oct 17 08:27:01 EDT 2005

Hello Jochen,

Thank you very much for the patch, especially for the version that was
buildable as a seperate module. Most people I talked to adviced against
patching the kernel itself.

The seperate module ppscsi-beta2.tar.gz compiled without errors on my
system and I could insert it with:
insmod ppscsi.ko

After inserting onscsi.ko in the same manner, my scanner worked with
kernel 2.6.13!

I forwarded your mail to the debian maintainer of the ppscsi packages. I
didn't figure out how to file an official bug report.

Regards,

Dion