[Linux-parport] EPP Mode can not be activated

Matthias Färber m.faerber at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Aug 16 06:19:40 EDT 2005

Hello everybody,
I´m searching for a solution to get my parport ready for the connection
of a device that uses EPP mode for communication.
I switched the bios setting from ecp to epp but no effect when looking at
cat /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/modes :
PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,ECP

The dmesg message after (re)activating the port by:
modprobe parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 io_hi=0x778 dma=none

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7, using FIFO
[PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,ECP]
Gives the same information.

I am using a Dell Precision 370 System and Suse Linux 9.2

Does anyone have any hints to solve my problem ?

Thanks in advance

Matthias Färber