[Linux-parport] old ISA parallel port card

Jouni Laakso jounijl at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 15:24:19 GMT 2004

Thanks Stephen. It was helpful. It really was as you
wrote. Now only io-cards floppy connector works, and
parallel port can be used both from motherboards
connector and io-cards connector.

I switched bios-setting for integrated parport to be
0x278 and irq 5 to give room for card, but instead it
seems that card has this address and integrated on
motherboard has the same without doing enything else
than swapping cable to other connector! as might had
been the case with floppy also. Floppy had no irq
settings on board, maby it is allways same. Also
setting Pnp to Legacy Isa in bios for IRQ 7 was (maby)
required. Others are still PnP configured.

Luckily it did not take the whole day. I had time to
do something else also, because io-board had jumper
settings printed on board. But irq was setted to be 7
and address as 0x378 on board, not 0x278 and irq 5 as
in bios settings. How can it be like this.. I tested
only with reading the address (pins states).

It seems to work for the purpose. I havent tried
printing.

jnl

 --- Stephen Mollett <molletts at yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi,