[nvme-fabrics]Fabrics over ROCEv2

Marta Rybczynska mrybczyn at kalray.eu
Thu Jun 23 06:38:29 PDT 2016

Hello,
I'm doing some interoperability tests with NVMEoF in different configurations.
I have problems setting up Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro to perform NVMEoF in RoCE v2 mode.

I have limited the set up to 2 Mellanox cards:
* if they are connected by a cable directly it works fine, I can set up a NVMEoF
and access the disk just right. It uses ROCEv1

* if they are connected by a router (in fact a 3rd machine with different 40Gbit
cards) the discover/connect operations do not work. In the packet trace I can see
that 1st card has sent an UDP packet that looks right, but the second system
answers with ICMP port unreachable.

Has anyone tried a setup in ROCEv2 mode?

Thanks in advance,

--

Marta Rybczynska

Phone : +33 6 71 09 68 03