S25FL512 vs S25FS512

Barbier, Renaud renaud.barbier at abaco.com
Thu Sep 9 01:37:57 PDT 2021

>You lost me here. According to Table 52. The device id is 02h.
I was looking at Table 40 page 68. Hence, the confusion.

>> Is the SPI support for S25FS512 in Linux 5.14 disabling the bottom
>> boot feature? I have not found it in the code. Only something related
>> to page size.

>What is a bottom boot feature? Are you talking about locking?
This flash S25FS512 is configured by default  to have the first 256KiB sector divided into 8*4KiB + 224KiB.
This could be the top sector or disable with the configuration register.
Erasing 8 4KiB sectors requires a different command than erasing the 256KiB sectors.

I have now found the code in U-boot supporting those 8 sectors.

Thanks for your answer.

-michael