ubihealthd status

Maurice Smulders maurice.smulders at genevatech.net
Mon Nov 2 14:20:13 EST 2020

I am trying to determine how to be able to figure out if a PEB had an
uncorrectable bitflip and expose it to user space.
It would be good to determine if a specific volume is suspect
determined from the actual LEB, and have some exposure in for example
SYSFS. Would the actual volume be turned read-only?
I'm open to suggestions, either I build something into ubihealthd to
notify user programs to tell something bad has happened, or sysfs (but
that cannot notify)

The problem I have is that one of the apps i need to support this for
is commercial - and I couldn't change ubihealthd to a libary because
it is GPLv2, the other app is now Apache License based I think, it
used to be under NOSA.  Also UBIHEALTHD doesn't necessarily have
access to which LEB/Volume is potentially affected.

-Maurice