UBIFS corruption in empty space during mount

Barak Adam BAdam at adva.com
Mon Nov 2 01:06:25 EST 2020

Hi Richard,

It is detected as an empty area by UBIFS. Regarding bitflips, I am not sure. I am running it with debug printouts, to dump the corruption and analyze it.
Any other idea how to detect if the underlying corruption is bitflips or something else?
The returned error by the lower layer is -EBADMSG which I guess indicates an unrecoverable ECC error in the media.

Thanks,
Barak