Using mtd-physmap on parallel NOR device with gpio address muxing

Chris Packham Chris.Packham at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue Feb 20 19:45:54 PST 2018

Hi,

We have a custom board with a SoC with limited address space/pins on
it's local bus. Because of this we're restricted to connecting only
A0-24 to our parallel NOR flash devices. Because we want to have 128MB
of NOR flash on this device we've connected the A25 pin to a gpio. To
make use of this we've had to write our own mtd-map for this board.

Is there any way of using a dts-aware map to support this kind of
arrangement? My rough way of summarizing the hardware design follows

flash at e8000000 {
	compatible = "cfi-flash";
	reg = <0xe8000000 0x08000000>;
	bank-width = <2>;
	addr25-gpio = <&gpio0 6 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
	partition at 0 {
	}
}

Thanks,