init_constants_early: too small LEBs?

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Sun Nov 20 04:00:30 PST 2016

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 10:51:41AM +0100, Boris Brezillon wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 22:25:08 +0100
> Ralf Schlatterbeck <rsc at runtux.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get an ubifs on a 2MB NOR flash.
>
> Why not putting JFFS2 directly on your MTD device (no UBI in the
> middle).
>
> > I'd really like to be bad block tolerant but
> > don't know if this makes sense with NOR-Flash (of this size) at all.
>
> You shouldn't need UBI, AFAIR, JFFS2 already deals with
> wear-leveling/bad-block problems.

I also need to reinitialize the complete filesystem if something is
inconsistent from a known-good source (in that case on a NAND flash).
The idea was to ubiformat everything (which preserves wear counters) and
re-create the filesystem on top of it (and in the first place I thought
I'd use ubifs). I don't think there is a way to re-create a jffs *and*
preserving wear counters?

Thanks
Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com