Re: 回复:ubifs:questions about this filesystem

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Wed Jun 22 12:56:39 PDT 2016

Hi!

Am 22.06.2016 um 17:26 schrieb 辉少:
> Thank you for kind reply.
>
> 1. As you said just now"there is only a background thread to do many things",  dose "many things" include both GC and synchronizing data?

I said GC can happen in many contexts. Also in the calling one.
To figure what the background thread exactly does see function ubifs_bg_thread().

> 2. If I write a file(1 KB) to ubifs mounted in 34MiB mtd, can i write 34,000 times or 34000/4 times(the real disk usage of a 1KB file is 4KB)?

The minimal file size on UBIFS is 4KiB. You can also not use all 34MiB, since UBIFS needs some LEBs for the journal, free space accounting,
master nodes, etc...

Thanks,
//richard