mtd: pxa3xx_nand: issue with command time out

Michael Wang Michael.Wang at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Sun Jan 17 18:15:31 PST 2016

On 01/17/2016 12:53 PM, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
> Might a ask another capture, but with :
>   1) the timestamps this time
>      (ie. CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME=y) ? This will give me the timing of your failure,
>      in the dmesg you will provide me.
>   2) on the first line of drain_fifo(), add a single :
>      nand_readl(info, NDSR)
>
> This will enable me to see how your board behaves on the temporal aspect, as
> today I only have this, which looks correct AFAICT
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your analysis.

The attachment file contains the complete debug output with the
additional info you requested.

I just want to mention that I get slightly different results on my board
with debugs enabled/disabled.

Without your debugs, the kernel will fail to boot up properly with
command timing out and nand
controller in invalid state:
 >pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.nand: Wait time out!!!
 >pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.nand: handle_data_pio: invalid state 0

With your debugs, commands still time out a few times, but
handle_data_pio() doesn't get into
invalid state and the kernel boots up fine.

Thanks,
Michael