Retrieving number of free unused eraseblocks in a UBI filesystem

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 03:59:13 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm running a 4.1 Kernel and have a UBI Filesystem with 2 volumes
taking up all the NAND.
ubinfo -d 0
ubi0
Volumes count:                           2
Logical eraseblock size:                 126976 bytes, 124.0 KiB
Total amount of logical eraseblocks:     4016 (509935616 bytes, 486.3 MiB)
Amount of available logical eraseblocks: 0 (0 bytes)
Maximum count of volumes                 128
Count of bad physical eraseblocks:       56
Count of reserved physical eraseblocks:  24
Current maximum erase counter value:     15
Minimum input/output unit size:          2048 bytes
Character device major/minor:            249:0
Present volumes:                         0, 1

So I'm guessing that the Total amount of logical erase blocks is 0 as
this is because I have 2 volumes of a fixed size that take up all the
available eraseblocks of the /dev/ubi0 device.

Is there a way of getting, per volume preferably, the number of
eraseblocks that aren't being used? Or conversely get the number of
eraseblocks that are used as I can work it out from the total amount
of logical eraseblocks.

Many Thanks,
Martin.