secure file deletion/SECRM support for JFFS2 and UBIFS

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Thu Apr 28 00:27:15 PDT 2016

Am 28.04.2016 um 00:35 schrieb Chris Packham:
>> Well, UBIFS and JFFS2 work on generic MTD, so having a special hack for NOR
>> is not really what we want.
>
> Agreed. I was hoping there was a similar trick for NAND which I'm less
> familiar with. The fallback behavior of an immediate erase is still
> doable but it has more corner cases that we'd need to be weary of.

Nope, on NAND you're forced to erase.
Also erase itself is a problem (at least on UBIFS), it does not erase blocks
synchronous and also not immediately after they are no longer needed.
So, you'd have to touch some code...
Blindly doing a synchronous erase will hurt the performance as you
block the callers.

Thanks,
//richard