UBIFS node magic number off by single zero-byte

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:05:32 EST 2015

Hello,

On 30 November 2015 at 11:46, Goran Cengic <goran.cengic at ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've encountered a peculiar issue with the UBIFS failing to mount because of an unclean node.
> UBIFS complains that the node is unclean since it can't find the magic number,
> however in the bytes dumped I can see that the magic number is there except that it is offset
> by a single zero-byte. Here is the log:

Did you try some stress-testing of the controller?

I don't know what your hardware setup looks like. I had some problems
with extra bytes when a DMA transfer failed and buffers were not
properly flushed on my SPI controller or the DMA transfer was just
programmed incorrectly. Not sure about the exact cause yet.

Thanks

Michal