nand_flash_detect_onfi error

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar
Tue Nov 3 12:59:01 PST 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 17:25, Boris Brezillon
<boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com> wrote:
[..]

> Hm, sorry but I don't like this idea. ->cmdfunc() is not supposed to
> retrieve any data before ->read_xxx() is called. I know some
> controllers retrieve data ahead of time and then provide the previously
> stored data when ->read_buf() is called, but that's not a good practice
> to assume it will work this way on all controllers (actually I keep
> thinking the sane implementations are those waiting for the
> ->read_buf() call before starting retrieving the data from the NAND
> chip).

Right. We've discussed this in the past, and although I don't recall
the details,
I recall you were right.

In any case, I just wanted to mention that if Renaud is getting
a read beyond the buffer, then probably the driver needs fixing.

--
Ezequiel García, VanguardiaSur
www.vanguardiasur.com.ar