UBIFS corruption after power cut - possibly unstable bits issue?

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:11:36 PST 2015

+ Boris

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:31:53PM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Am 02.11.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Tim Harvey:
>
> >> I've cc'd Huang, Elie, and Brian who were involved in the patch to
> >> detect bit-flips in gpmi-nand.c reads - perhaps they have some more
> >> ideas. I find it interesting that in one case that patch resolves the
> >> issue and in the other it does not.
>
> Yeah, good idea!

Sorry, I don't have much time to care about gpmi-nand right now. I
recall that there was ugly support for detecting bitflips in erased
pages posted at some point (in case that's relevant; didn't read the
whole essay), but that never got merged, and Huang left Freescale.

I also recall Boris struggled with that driver at some point. Perhaps he
can be persuaded to care.

Brian