[RFC] UBIFS recovery

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:36:47 PST 2015

Richard,

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 12:04 +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> My points are:
> - If UBIFS can do a better job in dealing with corruptions, fix/improve it.

Right.

> - Having a debugfs/fsck would be a good tool for people like me that have to analyze/fix UBI/UBIFS failures.

Right. I think no one denies this. Correct, and I agree on this.

> - Having an UBIFS "force" mode *will* be abused in horrid ways.

I did not see anyone suggesting this. Was this suggested?

As I read it, Steve just expressed a high-level user standpoint: the
more you can do without external tools the better. I did not see him
suggesting "just mount at any price".

Artem.