[kernel.org bug 103071] Dead "security.*" xattr code in ubifs

Andreas Grünbacher andreas.gruenbacher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 02:32:34 PDT 2015

Richard,

> My concern is not that we don't need these xattr.
> I'm concerned about commit d7f0b70d30ffb9bbe6b8a3e1035cf0b79965ef53.
> Today it seems to be a no-op. Did it ever work?

The commit also initializes the security context of new inodes, so that part
likely works. It looks like the ubifs_ xattr inode operations will handle
"security.*" attributes just fine.

The "security.*" xattr handler was already dead code when introduced in that
commit, though. I've sent a patch to remove that.

Thanks,
Andreas