Encrypting UBIFS Filesystem

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar
Thu Aug 6 22:25:44 PDT 2015

Shawn,

On 6 August 2015 at 09:02, shawn rose <shawn at ecoventsystems.com> wrote:

> Anyone have experience, or know of people/company/contractors, that
> have Encrypted UBIFS before?  If so, I'd like to be introduced.  I
> have a IoT device which is currently using UBIFS and like to encrypt
> the entire system.  I am looking for the lessons learned from those
> who have done this before.

You can use a regular block filesystem on top of UBI using the block
interface (drivers/mtd/ubi/block.c), and then use standard encrypt stuff
for block devices (dm-crypt for instance).

However, this has nothing to do with UBIFS, so maybe it's not an option for you.

If the filesystem you want to encrypt is read-only, then you may consider
the UBI block option.

Hope it helps,
--
Ezequiel García, VanguardiaSur