i.MX25 NFC with 8 bit ecc strength

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Wed Apr 22 02:32:48 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:20:43PM +0300, Baruch Siach wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 09:39:36AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > While understanding the problem I produced the following (untested)
> > patch:
>
> I intend to use this patch as part of a series fixing the large oob issue. Can
> you add your SoB please?
You can even get a commit log :-)

	mtd: nand: mxc_nand: cleanup copy_spare function

	To give people without the reference manual at hand a chance to
	understand the spare are handling of the i.MX nand controller,
	improve commenting, naming of variables and coding style.

	No functional change intended.

	Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de>

> > -	j = (mtd->oobsize / n >> 1) << 1;
> > +	/* size of oob chunk for all but possibly the last one */
> > +	oob_chunk_size = (mtd->oobsize / num_chunks >> 1) << 1;
BTW, I considered to change this to:

	oob_chunk_size = (mtd->oobsize / num_chunks) & ~1;

which is IMHO still clearer. Feel free to squash this in my patch if you
agree.

Best regards and thanks for feeding back your results
Uwe