fio MTD/NAND support patches out for review

Daniel Ehrenberg dehrenberg at google.com
Tue Apr 14 16:06:07 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am interested in using fio as a basis for NAND flash
characterization and qualification, so I wrote a patchset which adds
an mtd fio ioengine and generates workloads which could work on NAND
flash. I didn't want to spam this list with the whole patchset, since
it doesn't modify code that's in the kernel or mtdutils, but I'd
appreciate your comments or suggestions. I did take (fio is GPL2, like
mtd-utils) a few files from mtd-utils for this, since it didn't look
like that tends to be available as a shared library. You can find the
thread at

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.storage.fio/1569

Thanks,
Dan