MTD Commands

Robert Hurdle RHurdle at Rugged.com
Mon Sep 22 18:32:06 PDT 2014

Hello,

	I am trying to port a NAND flash driver for a board that has an FPGA between the software and the
	NAND flash.  I have made some progress, but now I am stuck because I don't know how the
	command NAND_CMD_RNDOUT should be implemented. So far I have not found any detailed
	documentation on any of the commands (NAND_CMD_ERASE1, NAND_CMD_ERASE2, etc.)
	processed by cmdfunc() in the hardware specific driver files.  The driver file I chose to copy did
	not support NAND_CMD_RNDOUT, but even examining other driver files in the drivers/mtd/nand
	directory, it looks sort of cryptic.

	What does MTD expect the command NAND_CMD_RNDOUT to accomplish?

	Is there a reference on-line that describes the what these various NAND commands are expected
	to accomplish, how data is provided to MTD, inputs and outputs, etc. ?

	Thanks for any advice.

	Robert Hurdle