How do I know my UBI/UBIFS code version?

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:28:26 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Woody Wu <narkewoody at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running ubi/ubifs on a ported ARM linux 3.1.x.  How do I get know my ubi/ubifs version? In additional, if I found the version are too old, could I simply copy a newer version source files to my 3.1 ARM linux tree?

Ported in terms of utterly broken by a SoC vendor? ;-)
If your kernel version is v3.1 then also UBI and UBIFS is v3.1 unless
someone messed with it.
To find out you need to consult the changelog.

And no, you cannot simply copy&paste the sources files between kernel
releases as the internal kernel API is
a moving target.

--
Thanks,