mtdoops: helper application for readout?

Ranjith amrk_ran at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 17 03:32:19 PST 2014

Brian Norris <computersforpeace <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Alexander Stein
> <alexander.stein <at> systec-electronic.com> wrote:
> > is there already some helper application which can shows the stored
oops/panics with mtdoops?

> After a bit of googling, it looks like there are scattered URL
> references to a no-longer-available "oopslog.c", written by the author
> of mtdoops, Richard Purdie. I CC'd him at his last-known address from
> the git logs, but he doesn't seem to have touched this in a while.
>
> AFAIK, the output from mtdoops is just plain text data (not
> compressed), so you can just dump it straight from the /dev/mtdX
> (where X is the MTD number) with something like 'cat /dev/mtdX'. Of
> course, that will not account for when the ring buffer wraps around
> nor if there are bad blocks.
>
> Brian
>
> P.S. With a little more digging, I found a source tarball in the Maemo
> archives that contains oopslog.c. It's a very simple program, and I
> haven't tested it. Use at your own risk:
>
> http://maemo.org/packages/view/sp-oops-extract/
>
> http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo5.0/free/s/sp-oops-extract/sp-oops-
extract_0.0.7-1.tar.gz

Hi Brain,
Have you changed anything in the mtdoops.c driver and how are running this
application ..i have used it as in-build(static driver) module.i dint do any
changes and i used the application with ./oops /dev/mtd4.here mtd4 id
FLOG(nor memory).Do i need to map with any command or how.can you tell me
the procedure for enabling the mtdoops and mapping to Nor flas and how to
run the application.

Thanks in Advance.

Ranjith.