[l2-mtd:master 28/29] drivers/mtd/lpddr/lpddr2_nvm.c:149:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'writel_relaxed'

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:23:26 PDT 2014

Hi Vincenzo,

Please, can you avoid top-posting?

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 08:38:00AM +0200, Vincenzo Aliberti wrote:
> Brian,
>    considering that this memory interface is implemented only on ARM
> we can litimit the driver to ARM
> in my opinion. Is it ok for you?

I suppose. I'd really like to be able to compile test this on other
architectures (maybe by depending on COMPILE_TEST, so it still only
shows up on ARM?). But for now, adding an ARM dependency would be OK.

Are you sure that writel_relaxed() is correct here, BTW? Does your
hardware expect ordering between these register writes? If so, then you
should be using writel() instead.

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:49 AM, Brian Norris <computersforpeace at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What do you think? Should we:
> >
> >  1. Limit your driver to ARM (or other ARCH that supports
> >     writel_relaxed()?
> >  2. Use writel() instead?
> >  3. Wait for other ARCH'es to support writel_relaxed()?

Brian