What is wrong? - Cont

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sun Mar 30 03:16:51 EDT 2014

Meanwhile, some more inputs:

First, to remind, the scenario:
After the first burning (from withing U-Boot), the NAND is write
protected by HW and the partition is mounted as RO.
At some moment I need to update a small file.
So I do:
- HW write protect off,
- remount RW,
- update file, <---- The main point  <----
- sync,
- remount RO,
- write protect on.
At this moment, the console is full of error messages - crash or a lot
of "Erase at 0x..... failed immediately: errno -5".
-------------------------------

Now two more test cases:

1. After burning JFFS2 from U-Boot and STILL WITHOUT working from flash,
I boot into NFS, mount the partition as RW, keep it for 3-5 seconds and
reboot into flashes.
This works FINE, updating passes silently, no crazy messages and/or
crashes.

2. I added to the partition a flag file "first_time.dat" and in rc3.d
added script:
if [ -e first_time.dat ] ; then
    'HW unlock flash'
    mount -o,remount,rw /home
    sleep 20
    mount -o,remount,ro /home
    'HW lock flash';
    rm first_time.dat
fi
Against my hopes, this DOES NOT helped. Crashes and messages appeared as
"usual"....

Any help will be highly appreciated.
--
Leon