Request for help booting Gumstix from MTD Flash

Larry Martin Larry at GlueLogix.com
Sat Jun 28 11:44:34 PDT 2014

On 6/28/2014 9:48 AM, Larry Martin wrote:
> Hello, I am writing this list because my question is not being
> answered on the Gumstix list, so I am turning to the subsystem
> developers. I have a u-boot, kernel and rootfs all booting properly
> from MMC, but when I try to boot the set from NAND the kernel says
> the rootfs superblock is empty.

I think I just answered my own question.  The last image I made worked
ok.  The difference was that I changed the -c 1996 to -c 4010 in the
mkfs.ubifs call.  My flash segment has 4011 blocks.  1996 was too few.
I think the image was getting truncated.  I can't explain why the
superblock was coming up empty, but the image is working now.

Thanks,
Larry